Teaching children proper oral hygiene is an important part of their healthy development. Brushing your teeth, rinse them and flossing will help prevent tooth decay and other diseases, which can sometimes even lead to tooth loss. Parents should by example to demonstrate proper care of teeth, thereby ensuring good health for their children.
Terms of brushing teeth for children under 3 years.
Brush your child’s teeth twice a day with a soft washcloth or gauze pad, as soon as the teeth begin to erupt. Children’s tooth enamel is much thinner than that of adults, and appropriate treatment can help prevent tooth decay. For cleaning teeth using water (up to 2 years), or a small, pea-sized drop of fluoride toothpaste. This will not only clean your teeth, but to provide a soothing effect to the gums, which become inflamed during teething.
- Use a toothpick, as soon as the teeth begin to touch each other. This will greatly reduce the number of bacteria between the teeth.
- It is recommended that regular inspection of children from one dentist to identify problems of oral hygiene at an early stage.
- Terms of brushing teeth for children from 3 to 7 years.
- Children older than 3 years should start brushing your teeth yourself using baby soft toothbrush. Instruct them how to use the brush, how to make soft circular motions, teach thoroughly rinse the mouth with water and spit out. They must be under the supervision of their parents until they reach 6 or 7 years. Children love to imitate adults, so cleaning at this age can be done in the family, parents with a demonstration of methods proper brushing.
- 3 years old children must learn to use their own dental floss.
- Change your toothbrush every 6 months, given the size of the toothbrush according to the age of the child. Choose a toothbrush with a small head and a medium degree of hardness.
After 7 years of regular parental control for brushing the child is no longer needed, but sometimes necessary to pay attention to their children while brushing your teeth, so they do not pick up any bad habit. Every 6 months, all family members should be checked by a dentist. It is not necessary to avoid brushing your teeth with ultrasound – this procedure can also be useful to all members of the family.
It is necessary to instill in children the idea that the task to maintain healthy teeth and gums is a very important aspect of a healthy body.